C Programming

Gabriel M. Beddingfield bugler at teuton.org
Sat May 8 13:59:36 UTC 2004

Do you google?  www.google.com

> I was wondering if anyone would know anywhere that I can download a
> guide for an INTRO to C programming, As I would like to know C, then I
> can understand some of the source code for UNX/LINUX?

Search the web for "C" or "C programming" or "ANSI C" or "C reference"
or "C tutorial"

While there are plenty of half-baked C tutorials on the web, here's my
advice:  buy a book on ANSI C.  They are all good.  You can surely get a
used book for cheap (Half Price Books).  Every "C" book I've ever seen
is about the same.  It is well worth the $10.

You may also want to consider C++.  Not all C++ books are the same.  An
excellent (although dated) intro to C++ is "The Waite Group's C++
Programming" by John Thomas Berry (Sams Publishing).  However, I don't
know how much the kernal guys are doing in C++... warrants investigation.

Peace,
Gabriel