How stable is fedora?

Mon May 10 18:46:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 14:18, McKeever Chris wrote:
> I know this topic has come up before, especially when FEDORA was first introduced, but now after months of implementing, tweaking and
> CORE2, how secure and stable is FEDORA??
>
> Currently, we are running RH7.3 for almost everything from mail to DNS to samba domain control.   Can Fedora be implemented in its place
> and provide an environment that can be dependable?
>
> if the answer is unfortunately NO, what other are the more highly recommended distros
>
> thanks

Fedora is a nice distribution - running FC1 on home and work desktops
and have been testing FC2test[1/2/3], and seeing stability improve, BUT
we are running WBEL (RHEL 3.0 rebuild) on servers because FC is, by
intent, rather dynamic.  Tao and CentOS are also reported to be good.

http://whiteboxlinux.org/
http://www.taolinux.org/
http://www.centos.org/

Best bet for servers is RHEL if you want the support and can afford the
freight.

Phil