Backup soution to another server

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Mon May 10 21:04:15 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 16:53, Jeff Vian wrote:
> Michael Mansour wrote:
>
> >Hi,

> >>allow

> >>server

> >>store

> >>that

> >>other

You can try amanda, it has an internal driver that allow the simulation
of tape drives using filesystem folders. You will need to use the
provided scripts to simulate the tape changing process. Amanda is really
difficult to configure, but when running it is easy to use. With amanda
you can configure your source servers (amanda clients) to compress the
data before sending to the backup server or let that job to the backup
server (amanda server), and you can control the max bandwith used when
the transfer is being done

Robert Marcano

web: http://www.marcanoonline.com/
blog: http://www.marcanoonline.com/plog/