Nothing but problems with grub and Fedora Core

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue May 11 05:36:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 05:51, John Nelson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have had nothing but problems installing Fedora Core, and the issues
> seem to center around grub installing on top of an existing Lilo
> installation. On one system there were grub files missing from
> /boot/grub. On another system I got "try passing init= to the kernel".
> On another system the grub.conf file refuses to boot up Windows XP on a
> second disk. On yet another machine I'm getting compression errors while
> booting the kernel. If I leave Lilo intact on my laptop, the screen
> turns psychodelic when Lilo comes up.
>
> Grub has never worked for me, when I can even get it to install
> properly. Is there a trick to making this work? This is REALLY frustrating!
>
> -- John
And what does this have to do with "Getting rid of M$"

Please start your message with the new mail option. Don't reply or
forward a message and change the subject line. It is called thread
hijacking.
For more info please read Charles Curley's netiquette guide
http://www.charlescurley.com/netiquette.html
--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.