re NFS with firewall

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue May 11 06:01:55 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 20:28, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sun, 9 May 2004, David Holden wrote:
> >
> > Firewallings difficult with NFS, because of its seemingly random use of ports.

> Googling for "nfs firewall linux"  turned up:
> http://www.lowth.com/LinWiz/nfs_help.html.  I found it most helpful.

Yeah, i was thinking to post the same link, when i saw your message. ;-)

That's an awesome document! I wish it would get published on
fedoranews.org or something.
Also, it would be nice if Anaconda would take it into account and offer
the user a way to configure a "firewall-friendly NFS".

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/