FC1 and MythTV

Greg Wildman rhlist at itns.co.za
Tue May 11 06:03:38 UTC 2004

Zondor, Jason said the following on 10/05/2004 15:52:
> Anyone ever use MythTV on FC1? www.mythtv.org I am using it now and it
> works pretty good. I do have one question tho, anyone have a good
> suggestion for an IR receiver?

I am using FC1 on a VIA mini-ITX board in a cubit case. The case came
with a serial "home-brew" IR receiver that I plugged into the serial port.

Had to compile lirc for the serial driver which produced a kernel
module. Below is the entries I have in my /etc/modules.conf.

-------------------

# IR on COM2.
alias char-major-61 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial type=0 irq=3 io=0x2f8
pre-install lirc_serial /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none

Lirc works fine with all the remotes I have tested (TV, video, DSTV,
etc..) and once you have setup lirc for the remote of choice it works
fine with MythTV.

Hope this helps.

--
Greg