No auto-powerdown on HP Netserver LPr

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue May 11 13:47:10 UTC 2004

Hi!

I've just acquired an HP Netserver LPr (P3/550, 512MB, 18GB) and installed
FC1 on it. At first glance, everything seems to have gone swimmingly.
However, I have noticed that the box does shut down properly on a
"/sbin/shutdown -h now" but it does not power down.

I'm starting to read docs on apmd and acpid now, but I would appreciate any
advice on getting this box to power down on its own. Waiting 15 minutes to
be *sure* it shut down then hitting the power button is not my preferred
way to do business! <smile>

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz