Being driven crazy by printserver problem.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue May 11 19:13:59 UTC 2004

Evidently I have configured a print server that works but as far as I can
figure out it should not and I can't seem to get print service to work
on another machine.

>From what I can see one uses print-config-printer and once you have
the printer configured for the local machine you can use the share
option under the Actions menu to allow the spool you created to be
used by the local printer to be used by other machines. You see the
results of the sharing in the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file by a line
like:
Allow from 134.191.120.2
But:
1. The print server that works does not have the share configured.
2, Sharing the print queue with a remote machine does not allow the
remote machine to print to the local machine,

What step am I missing?
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University