Nothing but problems upgrading to Fedora Core

John Nelson developer at computation.com
Tue May 11 23:06:16 UTC 2004

Hey all,

I have had nothing but problems installing Fedora Core, and the issues
seem to center around grub installing on top of an existing Lilo
installation. On one system there were grub files missing from
/boot/grub. On another system I got "try passing init= to the kernel".
On another system the grub.conf file refuses to boot up Windows XP on a
second disk. On yet another machine I'm getting compression errors while
booting the kernel. If I leave Lilo intact on my laptop, the screen
turns psychodelic when Lilo comes up.

Grub has never worked for me, even when I can get it patched up to work
properly. Is there a trick to installing over FC1 or RH systems? This is
REALLY frustrating!

-- John