OT - content management recommendation

neilcuk at aol.com neilcuk at aol.com
Wed May 12 11:28:17 UTC 2004

Dear All

Has anyone used and/or implemented a straightforward, open source, content management system (running on Fedora, of course) they would recommend?

In a nut shell, it should:

have granular access perms
have automatic document and content expiriration time/date
be a complete doddle for end users to post docs and content - like, idiot proof :-)
preferably be pure HTML/PHP based - I'll consider other languages if they've been used well and the source clearly documented.

Any recommendations would be good actually! My only experience with this type of system is with a home-grown app - that, strangely enough, needs replacing.

Cheers,

Neil
p.s. if anyone felt a sudden and unexpected wave of euprhoria about three weeks ago, don't worry! - it was just my brain overflowing as it unlocked the concept of the forward chain. n