fedora on a alpha server.

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 10:32:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

 --- Balint Cristian <rezso at rdsor.ro> wrote: > On
Tuesday 11 May 2004 06:17, Luciano Miguel
> Ferreira Rocha wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 08:21:59PM -0800, Richard
> Henderson wrote:
> on a alpha
> > >
> > > It is being worked on.
> >
> > Any news?
>
> Hi !
>
> Maybe offtopic,
>
> 	Personaly i started to work on something like FC2
> on alphas as hobby, it can be checked out:

ftp://ftp.rdsor.ro/pub/Linux/Distributions/AlphaLinux/rawhide/alpha

> 	It has latest tools, including nptl on glibc is
> something like FC2T{1,2}, it looks stable i use kde
> on it as workstation without problem.
>
> 	If want, can play with it, from an RH7.2-{7.3} is
> upgradable step by step to this tree.
>

> > Or a public place where that development takes
> place?
>
> 	Never heared from anyone except M Harris, but
> nothing happened as far as i know.
>

> > Regards,
> > Luciano Rocha

I'd be very interested in learning how you got to this
stage, could you please let me (us) know since I
currently run Debian on the Alpha I have but would
much rather run FC1/2 on it instead, since I know
these distributions much much better.

Could you keep my email also and email me personally
maybe with a set of general instructions on how you go
this to work? as I'd love to implement this asap on my
Alpha and help test for the FC1 community.

Thanks.

Michael.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com