usbcore

Wed May 12 14:44:56 UTC 2004

hi (again),

I have an Alcated SpeedTouch USB adsl modem linked to my pc,

I have downloaded the drivers and howto from Benoit Papillault and tried to follow the steps
as good as possible.

I have recompiled my Fedora Core 1 with the 2.6.5 kernel and implemented several modules

but at a certain point (launching the connection on the one but last page) I ran into a problem
I had to check if all the necessary modules where up and running

one of the commands is
modprobe usbcore
and that is the place where things went wrong, I got a message
"FATAL ERROR: module could not be found"

I think that it must be something I forgot to put in the kernel configuration, but the problem is
that I don't know wich option it could be. I thought it must be a driver that is not only used
for my modem but for other USB devices also because the title of the paragraph was
"then, check if that usbdevfs is mounted"

Does somebody know how to solve this issue?

I would be very grateful

Matt.