clamav-milter problems

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Wed May 12 21:13:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've been trying to install clamav-milter from the fedora.us stable
repo, but I'm not having much success. I've added:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav', `S=local:/var/run/clamav-milter/clamav.sock,
F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl

to the sendmail M4 file (and rebuilt sendmail.cf, and restarted
sendmail, and started the two clam services), but no messages ever seem
to get processed by clamav-milter. The clamav headers are not added. The
clamav-milter logs show that it has started, but no messages and
processed. I don't see any errors in any logs, though.

For some reason, sendmail seems to be ignoring the milter. Any
suggestions why that would happen?

- Mike