clamav-milter problems

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 12 21:24:38 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 12.05.2004 schrieb Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak um 23:13:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install clamav-milter from the fedora.us stable
> repo, but I'm not having much success. I've added:
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav', `S=local:/var/run/clamav-milter/clamav.sock,
> F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
>
> to the sendmail M4 file (and rebuilt sendmail.cf, and restarted
> sendmail, and started the two clam services), but no messages ever seem
> to get processed by clamav-milter. The clamav headers are not added. The
> clamav-milter logs show that it has started, but no messages and
> processed. I don't see any errors in any logs, though.

The clamav-milter daemon must be started before Sendmail is started.
That is essential. Run

grep clamav /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

to see whether you successfully modified the sendmail.cf file (generated
by a modified sendmail.mc) to include the milter.

> For some reason, sendmail seems to be ignoring the milter. Any
> suggestions why that would happen?

If above does not help post the maillog entries resulting from one test
mailing.

> Mike

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 23:22:28 up 15 days, 22:10, load average: 0.24, 0.13, 0.19
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]