Fedora installation finally... but problem with up2date, plshelp

mickey fru5tr4t10n at mail.com
Thu May 13 07:42:59 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Edward <edward at tripled.iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:01:37 +0800
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Fedora installation finally... but problem with up2date, plshelp

> mickey Ong wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>
> > Whenever i go to preferences--->themes to change my themes, the
> > system complains that some error has occur with up2date and then
> > up2date gets
> >
> > terminated. Then i was prompt to send a report on the error but i
> > skipped that part. Anyone ever experiences this?
>
> <SNIP>
>
> I'll just tackle this part first.
>
> Did you modify the up2date sources file to point to mirrors and did you
> import your GPG-KEY?
>
> Try running 'up2date -u' from a console, it should give you a bit more
> info as to why it dies.
>
> Regards,
> Ed.
>

> --

Hi, sorry that i wasn't specified about my problem.

This was wat happened.
Upon boot up, i went to preferences and select themes (anyone of them).
Once i did that, an error message would popup say:
"rhn-applet" (process xxxx) ended due to fatal error (segmentation fault).
then after awhile, another error message popup:
"wnck-applet" (process xxxx) ended due to fatal error (segmentation fault).

xxxx--represents some numbers which r not constant.

Finally, when i click to close the error msg box, my up2date terminated on it's own.

Can anyone pls advice me on how i can track tis errors?

thanks,

mickey