Samba 3.0.4?

Thomas Munck Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Thu May 13 13:08:51 UTC 2004

> So basically I have to install the FC2 package and there won't be an
> update for FC1? The Fedora website says "updates for Fedora Core 1 will
> be provided for two to three months after the release of Fedora Core 2".
> Is this update not considered critical or is it that they already
> stopped updating FC1? I know it's not a bug that the packager or even
> the Samba team is responsible for but it breaks some functionality in
> the program. What I'd like to know is if these kind of bugs are not
> considered critical since it's not a security issue or anything like
> that and if I should expect that bugs like this won't get fixed in
> current releases of Fedora or in releases that haven't reach end of life
> yet.
>
> Jean-Rene Cormier

Usually how this works is that redhat backports the fix from 3.0.4 and
incorporates it in their 3.0.3 version which will then have the release
number incremented. As a result you'll have a 3.0.3 package with the fix
installed.

I'm pretty convinced, there'll be an update for this (Although i'm not in
charge)

Thomas