Email client for Exchange

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Thu May 13 14:16:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 09:59:56AM -0400, Michael Weiner wrote:
> Looks like you did something similar to the following:
>
> 1) wget ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/updates/9/en/os/i386/krb5-libs-1.2.7-14.i386.rpm

Yep. That was one of the rpms I had to install.

> 2) wget ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/libgal2-1.99.11-1.i386.rpm

And that was definitely one too.

> 3) wget ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/gtkhtml3-3.0.10-1.i386.rpm

I didn't have to install gtkhtml as I already have gtkhtml3-3.0.9-5.

> 4) rpm -e krb5-workstation
> 5) rpm -e krb5-server
> 6) rpm -e curl-devel
> 7) rpm -e openssl-devel
> 8) rpm -e krb-devel

I didn't remove any rpms at all

> 9) rpm -Uvvh krb5-libs-1.2.7-14.i386.rpm
>
> i then used redcarpet to upgrade the krb5-*/curl-devel/openssl-devel
> packages once removed and then ran wget -q -O - http://go.ximian.com
> |sh to upgrade packages associated with evolution specifically (needed
> to tweak the /etc/redhat-release file to read as follows: Red Hat
> Linux release 9 (Shrike)) to get the installer-ng to run properly
> under FC/1 though this indicates there are no packages for RH9
> interestingly enough.

I didn't have to to any of that either.

> Did you do something SIMILAR? Were you able to find what you had done
> to make it work? I get to the point of installing your RPM, and it
> complains it needs gtkhtml3 but that has so many friggin dependencies,
> i didnt want to break it (most depends are actually on the evolution-1.4.5-
> 7 package). What version of evolution are you running? And is it via
> rpm or tarball?

I'm pretty sure that all I needed was to install the krb5-libs and libgal2
rpms that you mentioned above and then it all worked.

This was all done on a clean Fedora installation which I had set up
just a couple of hours earlier. This included evolution-1.4.5-7 from
rpm.

I got some clues from googling for "ximian connector fedora" which
pointed me at a few earlier email discussions.

hth,

Dave...

--
  Oh is this the way they say the future's meant to feel
  Or just twenty thousand people standing in a field?