Kmail Crashing

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Thu May 13 15:53:33 UTC 2004

On May 13, 2004 at 10:10, Rory Gleeson in a soothing rage wrote:

>Thanks for the tip to try this question on Fedora Test List.  I actually
>did but couldn't find a solution.  So far, the response here has been
>very helpful.
>
>So, N.Emile, if you think the problem may be aktual, what's the best way
>to resolve this?
Kmail in the past has had problems with the indices that it
uses. Look in $USER/Mail. I remember reading on one of the
kde lists that deleting the index files and restarting kmail
fixes this.

[...]
>I don't know if it's best to uninstall kdepim and kdepim-devel first, or
>just install new versons over it, although I'm pretty sure Fedore Core 2
>tests would have already done that and it hasn't worked.
Try deleting the index files first and restarting kmail. If this
does not work you can try re-installing kdepim.

N.Emile...
Bones: "The man's DEAD, Jim!"
 11:47:25  up 54 days, 19 min,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00