Question about virtual System

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 14 05:54:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 05:28:51AM -0600, Murali wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:30 , Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net> sent:
> >S??bastien Bisoglio wrote:

> >As I understand it, you are asking how to set up virtual web hosting.
> >This involves several things, from IP addresses to DNS to config of
> >apache.
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/private
> ServerName www.private.com

CAUTION:
   private.com is a real domain and www.private.com is
   a real host in that domain.

There are a number of selfhelp guides out there that advise the use
of private.com but following that info will get strange results.  My
memory of how I discovered this is fuzzy and full of carpet tacks.  I
do not recomend that anyone point a browser at it.

Invent a better domain name to tinker!

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l