camera revisited

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 14 11:08:56 UTC 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 06:42, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Friday 14 May 2004 06:26, Andy Green wrote:
>>
>>On Friday 14 May 2004 11:14, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Thats a 2.4 series kernel, right?  I'm running 2.6.5-mm6 or
>>> higher.
>>
>>No.  It is kernel-2.6.5-1.322 from "rawhide", aka Development
>> branch.  My bad for not being more precise.
>>
>>- -Andy
>
>Ok, is there some reason I should let rpm fubar my grub.conf by
>installing that one?  After trying to rescue it the last time, I
>vowed never again without a ready-made backup.
>
>I just rebuilt 2.6.6-mm2 with the bk-input.patch backed out, and
> will give that a try in a few mins.

It worked, except for sound. I turned some of the OSS emu stuff back
on and its building now.

>>- --
>>Automatic actions for USB cameras, cardreaders, memory sticks, MP3
>> players http://warmcat.com/usbautocam
>
>I just grabbed that, and will give it a try, thanks for the link.

But there are no setup docs in the rpm.  Got instructs from the web
page, and set it up with the add option.  No errors were reported,
but nothing happens when I turn the camera back on either.  Do I need
hotplug support turned on in the kernel?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)