Anyone have an idea of how smooth the FC2 upgrade is going to be?

Jeremy Brown jeremy at cadre5.com
Fri May 14 17:43:11 UTC 2004

Chalonec Roger wrote:

>Also, will FC1 continue to be downloadable with its existing patches and
>for how long?

Most definitely yes.

>  Will FC1 be maintained in parallel with FC2 for any
>period?  If so how long?

This has been discussed before, and the unofficial response is that FC1
will probably get security releases for 2-3 weeks past the release of
FC2, just long enough to give users a chance to upgrade.  I suspect
fedora.us will provide unofficial security updates for users that have
to stick with FC1 for longer.

Jeremy