Anyone have an idea of how smooth the FC2 upgrade is going to be?

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Sat May 15 12:38:38 UTC 2004

Jeremy Brown wrote:

> Chalonec Roger wrote:
>
>> Also, will FC1 continue to be downloadable with its existing patches and
>> for how long?
>
> Most definitely yes.
>
>>  Will FC1 be maintained in parallel with FC2 for any
>> period?  If so how long?
>
> This has been discussed before, and the unofficial response is that
> FC1 will probably get security releases for 2-3 weeks past the release
> of FC2, just long enough to give users a chance to upgrade.

you should not provide such wrong *unofficial* infos

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/faq/

<snip>

*Q:
*What is the errata policy for The Fedora Project?

*A:*
Security updates, bugfix updates, and new feature updates will all be
available, through Red Hat and third parties. Updates may be staged
(first made available for public qualification, then later for general
consumption) when appropriate. In drastic cases, we may remove a package
from The Fedora Project if we judge that a necessary security update is
too problematic/disruptive to the larger goals of the project.
Availability of updates should not be misconstrued as support for
anything other than continued development and innovation of the code
base. Updates will be available for two to three months after the
release of the subsequent version; that is, updates for Fedora Core 1
will be provided for two to three months after the release of Fedora
Core 2, and so forth.
Red Hat will not be providing an SLA (Service Level Agreement) for
resolution times for updates for The Fedora Project. Security updates
will take priority. For packages maintained by external parties, Red Hat
may respond to security holes by deprecating packages if the external
maintainers do not provide updates in a reasonable time. Users who want
support, or maintenance according to an SLA, may purchase the
appropriate Red Hat Enterprise Linux product for their use.

</snip>

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/

--
shrek-m