fc2 or not, that is the question...

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat May 15 16:32:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 12:13:06PM -0400, Jay Daniels wrote:
> after finding out you will have to upgrade to a new version of fedora
> every 3 months, I question my decision on using fedora.

You won't have to.

> i am seriously considering ol' faithful slackware for the server since
> it still has apache 1.3... and a few apps i want to use require 1.3.

But that's another issue, and I'd agree: Fedora probably isn't the best
choice if this is what you need.

> just wanted to know, has anyone else had such problems when compiling
> from source on rpm based distributions and are you (like me)
> considering your options since fc1 is at the end of the road?

Your problem isn't really compiling from source -- it's with trying to
integrate an older version of a package into a distro where the newer
package is nicely integrated with others.

<http://www.fedoralegacy.org/>