LVM2

Michael mogmios at mlug.missouri.edu
Sun May 16 19:25:51 UTC 2004

>If "pre-release" means FC2 test 3: going from any test release to final
>stable release is no upgrade path. That was stated here on the list
>several times. Especially for a server I would not recommend that way.
>But it's your decision and you would have to care for changes between
>the test release and the final stable release.

The LVM2 filesystems will be compatible between FC2T3 and FC2 right?
That's all I really care about. I just need to get these files moved
onto a new disk I have as soon as possible and I want to use LVM2 so I
don't have to fight with managing my hdd space anymore. I could go with
LVM1 but LVM2 sounds as if it has some useful improvements I'd like to
be able to take advantage of.

Or do you think there is an actual significant risk to my files if I use
FC2T3? I'd assume that mostly it's a kernel issue and the kernel should
be reliable by now.