needs advice

Norton Norton.Roman at itri.brighton.ac.uk
Mon May 17 11:30:19 UTC 2004

Well, here in England you rarely see products in whichyou can read
something like "suitable for linux"...and when you ask the customer's
service, they know nothing about compatibility issues...

Of course, I'm talking about personal computers...what I found
interesting is that IBM is spending a huge amount of money advertising
linux here, but they have no linux laptop to sell (I didn't check
desktops)... this sounds, at least, controversial... I mean, somebody
could think, "if linux is so good as claims ibm, why don't they sell
products with it?" (again, talking about personal computers).

Even Dell which, by the way, sells linux desktops in Brazil, apparently
has nothing over here...

Now, moving on to the business world, linux here is growing up... some
companies I know use one of its flavours (mostly suse)... but there are
still some nonsense from the general public... in Brighton University,
for example, they have solaris and windows... no linux... and they won't
install dual boot (I asked 8))... sad...

--
Norton
---