Please stop the flame-bait (wuz: MySQL 4.0.x)

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Mon May 17 12:37:21 UTC 2004

On May 17, 2004 at 05:10, leam in a soothing rage wrote:

>Chris Kloiber wrote:
>> Oh, please!
>>
>> Do you think complaining to Red Hat about MySQL is going to change
>> MySQL's licensing? The reported exception has been found to be
>> insufficient. Until that changes, MySQL has licensed themselves into
>> obscurity, just like XFree86 has. Game Over. Use postgres.
>
>Mind if we keep this list more helpful and technical? You are welcome to
>your opinion; but the above seems like it could have been said better,
>and in a less provocative way.
Wow, funny place this world we live in. MySQL rehashed
countless times. RH employees explain why if cannot be
included in FC. RH employee gets fed up with having to
explain the same thing over and over and over again.
And for his troubles, he gets told to stop flame-baiting.
Freedom, can't live with and can't live without it.

PS: There are loads of smileys in this post. If you use
pine as I do, you will not see them...

N.Emile...
The mosquito exists to keep the mighty humble.
 08:32:46  up 57 days, 21:05,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00