Problems with Fedora PHP and Apache

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon May 17 19:36:54 UTC 2004

John Nichel said:
> William Hooper wrote:
>> Maybe I should sent them a mail suggesting they update their warning:
>>
>> "Don't use Apache 2 with PHP.  It's not ready for production use, just
>> good enough for mirroring our content."
>
> So you think the PHP people should force their mirror sites to use what
> they want them to use?  If I run a Microsoft/IIS box, should I not be
> allowed to mirror the site?

It has nothing to do with forcing anyone to run anything.  It is evidence
that Apache 2 and PHP work just fine in a production environment.  Had
there been a warning against using a Microsoft web server while part of
the official mirror pool is running IIS then it would be just as bad.

--
William Hooper