Problems with Fedora PHP and Apache

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Mon May 17 19:54:09 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:
> John Nichel said:
>
>>William Hooper wrote:
>>
>>>Maybe I should sent them a mail suggesting they update their warning:
>>>
>>>"Don't use Apache 2 with PHP.  It's not ready for production use, just
>>>good enough for mirroring our content."
>>
>>So you think the PHP people should force their mirror sites to use what
>>they want them to use?  If I run a Microsoft/IIS box, should I not be
>>allowed to mirror the site?
>

> It has nothing to do with forcing anyone to run anything.  It is evidence
> that Apache 2 and PHP work just fine in a production environment.  Had
> there been a warning against using a Microsoft web server while part of
> the official mirror pool is running IIS then it would be just as bad.

And I still fail to see how this would be bad.  What if PHP issued a
warning about IIS and PHP.  Should they then pull the rug out from under
all mirrors using IIS?  It is the choice of that mirror to use what they
want too.  I don't see how this refelects on the PHP group, and their
warning/reccomendation.  If I warn you not to play in traffic, and you
do anyway, thus getting flattened by an 18-wheeler, is that somehow my
wrong?

--
John C. Nichel
KegWorks.com