Problems getting 2 NICs to work.

Kevin Kimmell kevin at dynamictrend.com
Mon May 17 21:19:44 UTC 2004

Okay... I've been at this all day and I'm still not getting this
working. At this point it almost seems as if the problem is really that
the 2nd ethernet interface doesn't want to work.

I can configure eth0 (with a default/gateway) to be an AT&T ip address
or a Spirnt IP address and leave eth1 disabled and everything works
fine. I CAN NOT configure eth1 with one or the other and a default
gateway and get it to work even with eth0 disabled.

I know that the NIC is fine as I've got the same system on Win2k3 server
setup in the same fasion and it's working fine. So perhaps this is an
issue specific to the Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit
Ethernet?

Any ideas? How about setting the 2nd IP address as a virtual device off
of the eth0 interface. Would that serve to prove or disprove the
possibility of it being a problem specific to fedorac1 & this card?

Thanks,
Kevin

++ Kevin Kimmell + kevin_AT_dynamictrend.com + Dynamic Trend, Inc. ++