Other Switches @ Frys? [Was Re: Avocent KVM switch -- working fine.]

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon May 17 19:40:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 12:29, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> > At 23:49 5/14/2004, Karl L wrote:
> > >So, I ordered an Avocent online
> > >at:  http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/avocent-cybex-switchview.html
>

> Anyone has any idea on the 2 port KVM switches being sold at Fry's Any Good? They're
> simple things. Cables for 2 PCs hooked up to a smalle little KVm switch. Rougly the size
> of some 3M post-it pads.
>
> Anyone tried those to see if it works?

I have not tried those.  My kvm switch has the problem of making my scroll
mouse go berzerk after switching screens.  I need to test if unplugging
and replugging it in will reset it.  (A royal pain considering the lack of
space where my computer is sitting.)  Nothing else I have tried will reset
it in either X or at the shell.