A few Core 2 issues

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon May 17 22:02:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Mark Lane wrote:

> On May 17, 2004 04:46 pm, "Mike Loiterman" <mike at ascendency.net> wrote:
> > alan <mailto:alan at clueserver.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Find the volume control app (from the menu, not the menu bar).
> > > Turn up the volume on pcm.  I have this same problem every time I
> > > reboot.  (The volume level gets reset to zero each time.)
> >
> > I have everything turned up to its max volume.
> >
> That sounds like a speaker/amp issue. Especially since an upgrade from FC1 to
> FC2 means a change in from OSS to Alsa sound drivers.

I think the volume control he wants is on the OSS volume controls. The pcm
slider is the second from the left.  (I am on my laptop at work so I
cannot check what it is called. It will not upgrade to FC2 due to
pcmcia/pci fubarage.)  After booting the system it is always set to zero
on my system. Probably on his too.