Opinion: NVIDIA drivers are a Good Thing [tm]

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue May 18 07:12:18 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 17:02 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> > > Please, show me any application that *does* take responsibility or
> > > liability for any of those things!
> >
> >No one does it on proprietary software, normally. And it is one possible
> >source of revenue with Free Software.
>
> Still, you're complaining that NVIDIA does not do a thing which no one else
> does either. I fail to see the relevance of that.

I'm not complaining about this in particular, do not try to make it a
small item.

I stated a series of facts, which you now seem ready to discard for one
point where you refuse to see the problem.

It's not that it offers no warranties. It's that you can't even check or
pay someone to check and give you liability.

Rui