Opinion: NVIDIA drivers are a Good Thing [tm]

Richard Allen ra at ra.is
Tue May 18 14:00:13 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 08:45:05PM +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

> So I am forced to agree with something even before I download it and try
> it. No Free Software license will force you to agree with something
> before trying it out.

Well..   Ever since firstboot came along, I'm forced to accept the terms
of the GPL (which I love, respect and admire) before ever getting
a login prompt.
Granted, I never have and never will refuse to comply with the GPL so
I dont know what firstboot does if I click the dont accept button.

And while you guys argue the merits of the NVidia drivers, I'm going
to go play Quake3 CTF (which I can do better than Windows users can
with the same hardware, thanks to NVidia's drivers (smoother, higher
framerates)) ;)

--
Rikki.