basic list mail content: FC1 or FC2

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Tue May 18 17:06:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 09:09:54 AM -0600, Eric Diamond (eric at ediamond.net) wrote:
> lists...

[...]
> NO! All that creating a new list will do is fracture the support
> community.

The support community is "fractured" by which release each user
decides to run. If only one person sticks to FC1 the only support he
will get will be "upgrade to FC2", regardless of how many lists there
are.

> it's hard enough keeping up with the traffic on this list.

The "traffic" is the total number of messages. If you do NOT
"fracture" the list, all you get is more email from people running SW
you are probably no interest in.

> A new FC2 list would force many fedora-list denizens to choose where
> they can most constructively make use of their time. This would not
> be good for the fedora community.

My goodness. Think of all those people who would still like to help
FC1 users but, having upgraded to FC2, are now forbidden by law to do
so. Would it really be *so* different by having only one list, with *more*
traffic, and most FC2 users skipping like crazy FC1 messages, because
they haven't time/interest/possibility to replicate bugs?

> Fedora-list was created as THE support venue for all fedora core stable
> releases.

Boh. Whatever. Just noting that your arguments above seem to me in
favour, not *against* fracturing the lists.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Live for the present, dream of the the future, learn from the past.