Request to FC2 Developers: need floppy to network install

david david at daku.org
Tue May 18 22:00:26 UTC 2004

I and others on the list have asked for help because of no floppy bootstrap
install capability for installing FC2.

Numerous alternatives have been suggested, but they have failed for
me.  Rejected alternatives include:

1)  Find an unused partition (well, I don't have one)
2)  Use BootMagic to boot from CDROM - (I tried it, but the cdrom doesn't
seem to be properly supported after anaconda starts)
3)  Use USB pendrive (sorry, machine is too old for that, and ROM doesn't
support anything except floppy and hard drive)
4)  Use tftp  - gosh ... I wouldn't even know where to start for that.

I personally wouldn't mind if the two diskette method of FC1 (one kernel
and one for drivers) became several diskettes.  I then used the network and
finished the load via FTP.

Or, perhaps the minimum hardware requirements of Fedora should be amended.

So, I hope the proper people can give this some consideration.

If I have posted this to the wrong mailing list, I'm sure I'll hear about it.

David Kurn