FC 2 : Alsa,Alsa,Alsa

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 19 04:51:23 UTC 2004

I've just put FC2 in, system-config-soundcard works with no problem
but KDE does'nt want to work.It's the same problem I had in Test3 and I
get these two errors,which did'nt happen in Test3

"Sound server informational message:
Error while initializing the sound driver:
device: default can't be opened for playback (Unknown error)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device."

"amixer: Unknown playback setup 'on' "
this error appears when running  system-config-soundcard

my card is an Audigy emuk10,I have not tried other sound sources (xmms)
yet.

   TIA    david