Just installed FC1 - No internet

Elvio Caruana elvio at cs.um.edu.mt
Wed May 19 06:10:26 UTC 2004

Do you have a gateway set?
Can you ping outside IPs, but are not reachable by DNS?

I think it's either the gateway or DNS.

You can check your DNS by "cat /etc/resolv.conf" There should be at
least one entry that says "nameserver xx.xx.xx.xx"

You can check the gateway by "/sbin/route" and check the "default"
gateway set. It should be your router IP.

Elvio