Fedora Hangs ( Checking for new Hardware )

Gary Waters gwaters at rci-enr.net
Wed May 19 11:33:05 UTC 2004

Newbie question time.

My Fedora hangs every other reboot/restart on "checking for new
hardware." I don't know what precisely is causing this situation. I
recently changed my CPU, Motherboard, and VGA card. I don't remember if
it started subsequent to the hardware change or since I upgraded to
kernel 2.4.22-1.2.2188.nptl. How do I proceed in discovering the source
of the problem and resolving it? I assume there must be some logfile
somewhere that can be accessed to shed light on the problem?

Thanks!

Gary