FC1 + Kernel 2.6.6 boot problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 19 11:47:08 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 19.05.2004 schrieb K.M.Zammi Kahan um 06:25:

> Hi, I'm running FC1 on my custom made pc and it's working perfectly with FC1 default kernel.
> When I installed kernel 2.6.6 and try to reboot the pc with kernel 2.6.6 after some point ( ..... freeing
> kernel memory ...etc) boot process hangs. My pc's configuration is Intel PIV 1.8 GHz processor,
> Gigabyte GA-8VM533-P motherboard, Maxtor hard disk etc. Is this something related to my motherboard?
> ( I can see some warning related to bios in the 2.6.6 boot screen). Is there any workaround to boot my
> pc in kernel 2.6.6
>
> Rgds,
> Zammi

Without a precise error message it is hard to guess what's happening.
You may have forgotten to compile something into the kernel or the
initial ramdisk image is bad or something else. Write down the exact
failure messages on bootup.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 13:43:28 up 6 days, 11:28, load average: 0.44, 0.16, 0.05
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]