yum, bittorrent port configuration

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 19 13:51:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 10:21:31PM +0100, Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 09:59pm on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 (UK time), Clint Harshaw scrawled:
>
> > It looks like it's working.... but where are these 200Kb/sec downloads I
> > keep reading about?
>
> I am getting 40 - 45 KB/s and I am happy with that.  This is on a (UK) Demon
> ADSL line and it should be finished when I get home.  My son is moaning
> tho' becasue his Counterstrike ongs have gone through the roof :-)

bittorrent does a bit of magic dealing with 'rare' blocks in an
attempt to balance the load.  Depending on the time of day phase of
the moon and continental drift you may not get good speed.  Us ADSL
folks are hard on the whole process....  ;-) and need to stay
connected three times longer than it takes to get the bits.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l