FC2 upgrade - problem with X on Sony C1VFK laptop

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed May 19 15:16:37 UTC 2004

I upgraded from FC1 to FC2 on my Sony C1VFK laptop,
and everything seems to work except X.
I get a bright but blank screen.

What is the procedure with Xorg?
I notice there is no redhat-config-xfree86,
or indeed any redhat-config programs.

The monitor is an "LCD Panel int 1024x480"
and the device is "ATI 3D Rage".

As far as I can tell, there is no significant difference
between the current XF86Config and the previous one.

[I'm actually writing this with knode running on the machine in question,
having ssh-ed in from another laptop,
so it seems that X is running OK.]

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366