Problem starting DNS server

Mason, Roberto masonr at swlauriersb.qc.ca
Wed May 19 16:01:54 UTC 2004

I just did a complete fresh install of FC2. I had Redhat 9 running with DNS, DHCP, APACHE and samba 2.28. The first thing I tried to get running is my DNS server. I ran Domain Name Server program to create my zones and name server. Once that was created, I tried to start named, but without success. I tried to look for a log file, but couldn't find one.

I'm including my zones which are found in /var/named/chroot/var/named

1.168.192.in-addr.arpa.zone

$TTL 86400

192.168.1.10.    IN    SOA   localhost   root  (

                       12 ; serial

                       28800 ; refresh

                       14400 ; retry

                       3600000 ; expire

                       86400 ; ttl

                       )

@    IN    NS    posta.rmasonfamily.info.

10         IN    PTR   posta.rmasonfamily.info.

35         IN    PTR   program-xp.rmasonfamily.info.

20         IN    PTR   roberto-xp.rmasonfamily.info.

1          IN    PTR   gateway.rmasonfamily.info.

rmasonfamily.info.zone

$TTL 86400

192.168.1.10.    IN    SOA   localhost   roberto     (

                       16 ; serial

                       28800 ; refresh

                       14400 ; retry

                       3600000 ; expire

                       86400 ; ttl

                       )

                 IN    NS    posta.rmasonfamily.info.

posta                  IN    A     192.168.1.10

program-xp       IN    A     192.168.1.35

roberto-xp       IN    A     192.168.1.20

gateway          IN    A     192.168.1.1

router                 IN    CNAME gateway

mail             IN    CNAME posta

Take Care
Roberto Mason
Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board