Severe keyboard problem after upgrading FC1->FC2

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 16:25:24 UTC 2004

--- Colin Paul Adams <colin at colina.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> writes:
>
>     Douglas> I resolved it by dissabling gpm (chkconfig --level 345
>     Douglas> gpm off), then starting up and configuring the mouse
>     Douglas> (redhat-config-mouse service-config-mouse) and making
>     Douglas> sure it was USB, then re-enabling gpm every thing worked
>     Douglas> fine.
>
> This makes no difference to me.
>
> Also at boot time, I sometimes get messages:
>
> atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (raw set 0, code 0x0 on isa0060/serio0)
> atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes 00 <keycode> to make it known.
>
> This appears several times after seeing:
> serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq1
>
> If also see:
>
> Failed to disable AUX port, but continuing anyway... Is this a Sis?
> If AUX port is really absent please use the 'i8042.noaux' option
> serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq12
>
> These last 3 messages disappear if I boot with i8042.noaux, but
> otherwise there is no difference.
>
> I DO have a PS/2 mouse port (with nothing plugged in). I think these
> symptoms are significant.
>
> I also get the following message:
>
> input: PS/2 Generic mouse on isa0060/serio
>
> which looks highly significant.
>

> I also get a message about trying to initialise
> an ohci1394, which ends with:
>
> FATAL: Module ohci1394 not found.
>
> On FC1 this was present in
> /lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/ieee1394
>
> This sounds really serious.
> --
> Colin Paul Adams
> Preston Lancashire

Hello;
  I had a similar problem with kernel 2.6.x.
My problem was that my PS/2 mouse died.

The fix was to disable USB legacy support (DOS) in the BIOS.
My motherboard is an ASUS Slot-A Athlon (K7V ?)

This took a long time and lots of searching the net to find.
I don't use USB, I tried compiling with no USB support, linux nousb.
Nothing worked untill I changed the BIOS.

Mick

=====
The glass is exactly twice as large as it needs to be.