Fetching news for INN

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Wed May 19 17:25:03 UTC 2004

After having problems upgrading from FC1 to FC2, I decided to do a
fresh install. Of course, I kept my /home partition, and archived
/etc.

But I forgot about the program I used to fetch the news. In fact, I
forget what program it was (I had a shell script called getnews, but I
forget what program it invoked).

I do have the output from the program, since it gets mailed to
me. Does anyone recognise this output:

Attempting to connect to news.demon.co.uk
Using Port 119
Official host name: news.news.demon.net
Alias news.demon.co.uk
Address: 158.152.254.254
Connected to news.news.demon.net
200 news.demon.co.uk InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.0 (20020917 CVS prerelease) ready (posting ok).
Elapsed Time = 0 mins 0.02 seconds
sci.space.news - 1 articles 8645-8645
Elapsed Time = 0 mins 0.84 seconds
1 Articles to download
Deduping Elapsed Time = 0 mins 0.00 seconds
Deduped, 1 items remaining, 0 dupes removed.
Total articles to download: 1
5066 Bytes received in 0 mins 0.72 secs, BPS = 7019.3
Closed connection to news.demon.co.uk
Posting Messages to localhost
0 Messages Posted
Elapsed Time = 0 mins 0.00 seconds