FC2 Boot Problems

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu May 20 10:07:53 UTC 2004

trebor wrote:

> Hi,
> I just installed FC2 on a Dual P3 box with a Mylex raid card.
> The install went perfectly but now it will not boot.
> It comes up with:
>
> Uncompressing Linux... ok, booting the kernel.
> ACPI: S3 and PAE do not like each other for now, S3 disabled.
> audit(1034994651.302:0): initialized.
> Red Hat nash version 3.5.22 Starting
>
> At which point it stops.

Remove "rhgb quiet" from the end of the kernel boot line in GRUB. This will
show all the boot messages and give you a better idea what it going on.

It sounds like it can't find the right partition with init on it. I had this
problem because I installed onto a new disk, but still had my FC1
installation - which had the same partition labels! Maybe you have a
similar problem.

Jonathan