Fedora Core 2 - Can't get mail, download or browse web pages

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu May 20 12:45:49 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 20.05.2004 schrieb Steven P. Ulrick um 10:02:

> Hello, Everyone :)
> I looked through my complete Fedora list archives, in addition to
> checking Bugzilla, and I've found nothing about this problem, so here
> goes.
> I had this problem yesterday, but for safety's sake, I did a fresh
> install of Fedora Core 2 just to make sure I didn't hose something after
> my original install.
> Here's the problem: to all appearances, I can (using Kppp) connect to
> the internet like always have.  I even can "connect" at the speeds that
> I usually connect at (45333 and 49000)  Problem is, I cannot load any
> web pages (I've tried Konqueror, Mozilla and Lynx) or get my mail
> (Sylpheed)

> Steven P. Ulrick

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

and I am sure your internet connection will work immediately.

Add to /etc/sysctl.conf

# Setting ECN off
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0

and run "sysctl -p" to activate that setting permanent.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 14:41:32 up 7 days, 12:26, load average: 0.10, 0.22, 0.47
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]