Problems with OpenOffice

John Allgood john at turbocorp.com
Thu May 20 12:52:26 UTC 2004

Colin Charles wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 01:41, John Allgood wrote:
>

>>I have just installed FC2 and I have a problem with openoffice. When I
>>start openoffice with oowriter the splash screen is displayed but writer
>>never comes up. I have tried to remove the .rhopenoffice directory in my
>>home. That didn't work either. Any ideas.
>>

>Run oowriter from the command line, and look to see if there are any
>errors being spewed
>
>Also, was this a FC1->FC2 upgrade?
>
>(worksforme here)

I have not been able to correct this problem either. I can't even get
system-config-print to work. All I get is the splash screen with
openoffice. I think I may be link to using xset. I used the command xset
+fp tcp/hostname:7100 and everything seemed to get screwed up after
that. I tried xset fp default and that didn't fix the problem either.
Any ideas.

Thanks