how to erase DVD+RW on FC2

Janis K janis.vzp at latnet.lv
Thu May 20 14:40:40 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johan Knol" <johan.knol at home.nl>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: how to erase DVD+RW on FC2

> Janis K wrote:
> > [root at fc2 /]# dvdrecord dev=1,0,0 -v blank=fast
> > dvdrtools v0.1.4
> > Portions (c) 2002-2003 Ark Linux <bero at arklinux.org>
> > Based on:
> > Cdrecord 1.11a15 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg
> > Schilling
> > TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> > scsidev: '1,0,0'
> > scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
> > dvdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/sg*'. Cannot
open
> > SCSI driver.
> > dvdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
are
> > root.
> >
> > can you please help me where to find some info on how to erase my DVD+RW
> > disk?
> >
> > thank you
>
> "dvd+rw-format --help" uses the /dev/cdrom? schema (like growisofs).

i have already tried this command, and I get this:

[root at fc2 /]# dvd+rw-format -blank=full /dev/cdrom
* DVDąRW format utility by <appro at fy.chalmers.se>, version 4.9.
* 4.7GB DVD+RW media detected.
- illegal command-line option for this media.
- you have the option to re-run dvd+rw-format with:
  -lead-out  to elicit lead-out relocation for better
             DVD-ROM compatibility, data is not affected;
  -force     to enforce new format (not recommended)
             and wipe the data.

...and I have ran with -lead-out too. no success :((