Installation Hang with sym53c8xx SCSI Driver

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Thu May 20 18:09:23 UTC 2004

I tried that but ncr53c8xx isn't an option to load.  Also, with previous
redhat releases I tried the ncr53c8xx driver and it caused problems when
using CDRECORD.  The fix was to use the newer sym53c8xx driver.
Apparently the ncr53c8xx driver doesn't play well with my TEKRAM card.
Does anyone know why all of a sudden with FC2 this stopped working?  It
works perfectly fine with FC1.

> Am Do, den 20.05.2004 schrieb Gerald B. Cox um 18:33:
>
>> When booting the FC2 CDROM 1 from my SCSI CDROM, the process hangs with
>> this sort were reported in November, however it looks like the problem
>> still exists.  I am using a TEKRAM SCSI card, and haven't had a problem
>> with the boot process with Redhat 7.3, the 8 series, 9 or Fedora Core 1
>> for that matter.  Obviously something has changed with FC2.  Does anyone
>> know when this might get fixed.
>
> Start the install process with "linux noprobe" on the anaconda boot
> prompt. Then manually select as SCSI driver ncr53c8xx.
>
> Alexander
>

> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key 1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
> Sirendipity 20:02:01 up 7 days, 17:46, load average: 0.43, 0.65, 0.73
>                    [ Γνωθι σ'αÏ
τον - gnothi seauton ]