FC2 speakers hiss

billg billg at f-m.fm
Thu May 20 18:33:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:45:46 -0500, "Charles Howse" <chowse at charter.net>
said:
> On Thursday 20 May 2004 12:23 pm, Jack Spaar wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:18:04 -0500, Charles Howse wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > Just did a fresh install of FC2 this morning, no problems with install.
> > > The soundcard detection worked during install, I heard the test sounds
> > > fine. Sound is actually working, however there is a pronounced hiss from
> > > the speakers,

I believe that soon after Patrick V. made KDE 3.2.2 available for
Slackware, a number of Slack users noticed that their speakers were
whining quite unbearably -- a high-pitched feedback-like noise.  I
believe some users reported that zeroing out one of the mix levels fixed
it. A quick Google might turn something up.